Instrumentation and Electrician Technician - Austin Industrial
Must be able to test, calibrate, troubleshoot, overhaul and repair controlling, indicating and measuring instrument devices to ensure specified operating performance using hand tools, testing and calibrating instruments and equipment and precision measuring instruments. Ability to read and understand manuals, blueprint schematics and testing specifications. Must have some knowledge of electrical schematics and PLCs. Other duties may be assigned.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Layout, fabricate and install tubing and tub trays.
- Apply knowledge of mathematics to instrumentation, such as ratio and proportions, numbers with power of 10’s, algebra equations, English-to-metric conversion, inches of water to PSI, inches of mercury to PSI, etc.
- Read blueprints, schematics and loop drawings and prepare job reports.
- Assemble and disassemble all types of electronic process controls, pneumatic controls and hydraulic systems and components.
- Calibrate equipment using common calibration procedures and be able to read, interpret, apply and know where to find other procedures.
- Understand the principles of pH and redox and equipment needed to measure them and be able to control the pH and redox of a liquid.
- Work with and understand Ohm’s Law and Kerchoff’s Law and with Diodes, capacitors and other electrical components.
- Understand steam and how it reacts to different situations, (e.g. saturation properties).
- Work with the principles of chemistry and physics required in instrumentation such as specific gravity, density of liquids and solids, mechanical advantages, proportions of liquids, melting points, freezing points, boiling points of liquids, etc.
- Troubleshoot and check out electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems using proper test equipment.
- Understand fundamental instrumentation loops and how they function as a loop, and what the function of each component part is in each type of loop.
- Understand common types of chemical plant process equipment such as distillation columns, heat exchangers, boilers, turbines and compressors.
- Apply the procedures for measuring pressure level, flow, temperature, weight, density, heat flux, humidity and moisture, etc.
- Maintain current electrician's license or identification card to meet state regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Required for this Position:
Education – no minimum education requirements.
Experience – 3-5 years of Journeyman level experience.
Austin ("The Company") is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all federal, state and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.